Re: n32, irix 6.5, bfd

Timothy Daly wrote:
[snip]
> I have another question, a little more general.  I've heard talk on
> the list about test cases, and testing.  Is testing of binutils
> systematized in any way?  Is this documented anywhere?

A quick outline:
Testing is done via DejaGnu, the easiest way to invoke it is via
"make check". The test cases are by convention in a subdirectory
named "testsuite" and consist mostly of input files (e.g. assembly)
and Tcl regular expression files matching the corresponding output(s).

http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/dejagnu.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html

Thiemo