Re: gas fix for ia64 target

As per David O'Brien's suggestion, I'd like to ask that the posted
patch also be considered for the 2.12 branch.

Thanks,

	--david

--- Begin Message ---
On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 01:44:05PM -0800, David Mosberger wrote:
>   David> Should this be committed to the 2.12 branch also?
>
> The patch fixes a serious bug, so I think the answer is "yes".  OTOH,
> we haven't done all that much testing on it, so there is a chance that
> the patch will have undesired effects.  It did work fine on the linux
> kernel though and it's simple enough that I do not believe there is a
> big risk of there being undesired effects.

Would you be able to post a follow up that it should also be considered
for the 2.12 branch?  The *BSD's are looking to Binutils 2.12.0 to be a
usable, stable tool for IA-64 deployment.