Re: [patch/rfc] Delete floatformat_arm_ext

> The single format wasn't sufficient for a program trying to correctly
> manipulate both big and little endian Arm floating points - hence the
> two new formats.

Is it safe to say that the code you're removing never actually worked,
then?  If so, then there shouldn't be any legacy code relying on it,
right?

> GDB has a strong preference for flushing code it no longer needs.
> It has the unfortunate habbit of rearing its head at later
> inopportune moments.

Perhaps, but libiberty is used by more than just gdb, so I have to be
extra careful about backwards compatibility.  Just yesterday someone
was asking about using libiberty in their own program.