Developing OpenBSD support

Hello--

I'd like to work on developing support in binutils for OpenBSD.  I haven't
hacked on binutils before, so I don't quite know how much I've bitten off, but
I'm pretty sure I can chew it if I work hard enough.  I'm sure you've had a few
people express some interest in this before-- does anybody know the status of
previous project to do this?

Looking at binutils-2.11.2, it would seem that the best place to start for
adding support would be the BFD library-- is this correct?  Any tips, pointers,
or other information that would be useful for somebody just getting started on
playing with binutils?

Thanks in advance,
Paul Wright