elf-bfd.h: plt_header_size unused?

When I grep for plt_header_size (elf_backend_plt_header_size in
each ELF target) and PLT_ENTRY_SIZE I get no hits of them
actually *used* in non-target-specific source.

What's the story here?  Were they used in generic ELF parts at
some time?  Is someone working on using them in generic ELF
parts?

I'd like to have them non-constant in elf32-cris for some work
in progress local to the port.  If necessary, I'll make another
elf vector, but I'd prefer not to.

brgds, H-P