Re: [RFA:] elflink.h: Don't set linker-script symbols to STT_OBJECT (BSF_OBJECT).

> From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
> Date: 18 Mar 2002 23:57:08 -0800

> I'm afraid I don't remember why this patch was made.  It may have just
> been out of a general idea that every symbol should have a type.  Or
> it may been to fix some bug.

Probably not a bug, because then there would have been a
testsuite entry for it. :-]

Speaking of which, here's one for cris-axis-elf:

obj1.s:
 .global _start
_start:
 nop

obj1.d:
# as: --em=criself
# ld: -mcriself
# objdump: -d

# Note that the linker script symbol __start is set to the same
# value as _start, and will collate before _start and be chosen
# as the presentation symbol at disassembly.  Anyway, __start
# shouldn't hinder disassembly by posing as an object symbol.

.*:     file format elf32-us-cris

Disassembly of section \.text:

00000006 <__start>:
   6:	0f05                	nop