Re: problem of porting gas

Hi David,

>   I have a problem in the procedure of port gas to mipsx3. I have
> taken the mmix porting as the example.

Is the "mipsx3" a MIPS processor variant ?  If so you might want to
consider starting with the current mips target rather than the mmix.

> I can't configure the  target to mipsx3 despite I update the
> configure.in and makefile.am like the following.

Did you run "autoconf" (after changing configure.in) and then
"automake" (after changing Makefile.am) in the gas source directory ?
These tools create the "configure" and "Makefile.in" files
respectively which are what are actually used when configuring gas.

Cheers
        Nick