Re: mpw files in ld/

Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> Some of the mpw-* files in ld/ are stale.  In particular, mpw-elfmips.c
> has one of the section list problems I've been hunting.  Rather than
> editing the file, I figure it's high time to regenerate them.
>
> Q: Are they supposed to be a copy of corresponding e*.c file?
>
> ie. We should
> cp build/ld/eelf32ebmip.c  src/ld/mpw-elfmips.c
> cp build/ld/eppcmacos.c    src/ld/eppcmac.c
> cp build/ld/esh.c          src/ld/mpw-esh.c
> cp build/ld/emipsidt.c     src/ld/mpw-idtmips.c

Yes, they are essentially copies of the build files.  They are there
to support building in the MPW environment which doesn't have the
tools required to rebuild those files.

> or just cvs rm them if it's that easy?

Yes, I think that would be best.  It's not clear to me that anybody
cared about building under MPW except whoever it was who signed the
Cygnus contract which led to the creation of these files.

Ian