Re: bfd.h installation location

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 05:44:03AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> >> Hmm...  Indeed.
> >>
> >> But then, as H.J.Lu says, $(toolexecdir), which I have proposed, is
> >> not correct, as it contains libraries in the target format, not
> >> libraries for the host with information about the target.
>
> > It is hardly a new problem.
>
> Nobody said it was new.  It is just wrong.  Even if
> --enable-targets=all is in use, you still have a different default in
> place.

OK, getting back to this problem.  The only reasonable solutions I see
are to a) only install libbfd.a and headers when host == target, or
b) install normally when host == target, and install as
$target_alias-libbfd.a and $target_alias-bfd.h etc. otherwise.
Case b) is similar to the way we install tools like objdump.

Otherwise you need to supply different prefixes or you'll overwrite
libbfd.a and headers when compiling for different targets.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre