Re: gcc-3.1 builds for targets sh-hms

>HMS and COFF are the same.  I believe that HMS is the name of some
>Hitachi system.

HMS(I) is Hitachi Micro Systems (Incorporated).  It used to be the part of
Hitachi that was selling microprocessors, but has apparently since been
renamed/reorged to something else, since I couldn't find any reference to it
on www.hitachi.com.  There are two mentions of the full name in gas/doc,
see for instance the c-sh.texi file.

I believe the use of hms here predates the convention of using aout/coff/elf,
and was never fixed.  hms was first used for the h8/300 port, which was one of
the very first embedded only ports, and the defunct h8/500 port, then later
reused for the sh port.

Hitachi did have their own object file format at the beginning, called sysroff.
We only supported that via an objcopy like program called srconv.  I see that
it is still there, but I'd be surprised if anyone was still using that program.

Otherwise, I don't recall anything special about the hms coff format.  It
should be pretty standard coff, and sh-hms should be indistinguishable from
sh-coff.

Jim