Re: bfd.h installation location

On May 15, 2002, "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> wrote:

> It doesn't help when --enable-shared is used. I don't mind
> libbfd-target-version.so myself.

Hmm...  Good point, we can't just refrain from installing libbfd.la,
in case it is built as a shared library and other installed programs
are linked with it.

So...  I think the best alternative is to install in a subdir.  Using
a different SONAME would be fine, if there was an easy way to do it,
but I can't think of any that automake would grasp :-(