Re: Enabled arm-gas warning about deprecated command line options

> Hi Guys,
>
>   I am thinking about applying the patches below to enable ARM-GAS
>   to issue warning messages when deprecated command line options
>   are used.  (ie -marm... instead of -mcpu=arm... or -march=arm...).
>   Most of the patch is actually fixing up all the places I could find
>   where the old options were used.
>
>   Any objections to my applying this patch ?

Well, I there isn't a released GCC that uses the new interface yet, so
that's a good reason not to start gratuitously whinging about the old
interface.

However, I do think the testsuite should be changed.

There's transition latency problem here -- I couldn't change gcc until a
binutils with the new interface was enabled; now it is (at least, I'm
assuming it is), we can move GCC to using it; once that's out we can start
to more aggressively deprecate the old interface.

R.