RE: binutils status ?

> > 3) Ralf's patch for "objdump/cygwin crashes on auto-imported libs"
> >
> > Nick Clifton has applied a patch for a similar problem, I will look if this
> > solve this already.

I was wrong, it was Laurent Pinchart, who has applied this patch.

> This patch does not help in this case. I will inspect this and supply
> a updated
> patch.

In peXXigen.c Line 1208 there is a case handling rebinded imports, which isn't
affected by Laurent's Patch.

	      /* If the time stamp is not zero, the import address
                 table holds actual addresses.  */
	      if (time_stamp != 0
		  && first_thunk != 0
		  && first_thunk != hint_addr)
		fprintf (file, "\t%04lx",
(1)			 (long) bfd_get_32 (abfd, data + first_thunk - adj + j));
                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this fails in case of rebinded apps or dll, that means first_thunk points into
the text segment
this printing should goes after laurent patch, when the different section is
loaded

	      fprintf (file, "\n");
	    }
	}

--- here starts Laurant's patch ---

      if (hint_addr != first_thunk && time_stamp == 0)
	{
          bfd_byte *ft_data;
	  asection *ft_section;
<snip>

Laurant: Can you give a hint how the line marked with (1) should be changed ?

Ralf