obselete configurations & the top level

This is a query.  A bunch of configurations have been obseleted and
removed from GCC recently.  These have all, I believe, been obseleted
and removed from GDB already.

There is special-case code for many of these configurations in
configure.in.  I would like to get rid of it.

What else do I need to check before I get rid of these cases?  Are any
of them possibly still supported by binutils?

Please see http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-05/msg01994.html for
the list of configurations which are going away, where I'd like to see
if I can strip stuff out of the top level too.

I intend to submit a cleanup patch for this once I'm sure I'm not
deleting anything which is still supported somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

--Nathanael Nerode
neroden@twcny.rr.com