Re: RFA: MIPS/dwarf-2: gas patches

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 09:10:09AM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:32:45PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > -#define ECOFF_DEBUGGING 1
> > +#define ECOFF_DEBUGGING (debug_type == DEBUG_ECOFF)
>
> This isn't correct.  This is *assembler* debugging, not
> compiler debugging.  See how alpha handles this.

I admit it wasn't what I was trying to do in the first place; I think I
mentioned that in another message.  Having done it, though, I am
inclined to leave it.

The net effect should be that the only way to get a .mdebug section
generated on MIPS is to ask for ECOFF assembler debugging.  I'm
currently talking to Eric about obsoleting all the MIPS ECOFF targets
anyway, since we haven't been able to roust up a single user lately.
I believe some *BSD people use it for a boot format, but they don't
compile directly to it.

The alternative is to make it default to on when generating ECOFF, of
course...