Re: Help with debugging coff .cset bug?

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 06:18:28PM -0400, Jason Sullivan wrote:
> I'm making amusing attempts to debug a problem with .csect addressing in
> the gas assembler.  I've got it configured on AIX
> (--host=rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.3.0 --target=powerpc-ibm-aix) and Linux
> (--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=powerpc-ibm-aix), and I see the problem
> in both places.  When I look at the .lst file and dump the object file, the
> first and second .csects begin at the right address (0, since I haven't
> linked it), but the third .csect begins where the first one left off (so if
> the last address in the first section is 0x18, the first address of the
> third section will be 0x1c).

Hi Jason,
  You don't say what you consider the correct behaviour, at least not
explicitly.  I'll assume that you expect the third csect to start from
zero.  Is that so?  From what I've read about csects they appear to
behave more or less like ELF sections, so that would be reasonable.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre