Re: [patch] ns32k gas/bfd cleanup

At 07:45 AM 7/28/2002, Ian Dall wrote:
***************
*** 1711,1717 ****
      {
      case 1:
        if (val < -64 || val > 63)
!       as_warn (_("Byte displacement out of range.  line number not valid"));
        val &= 0x7f;
  #ifdef SHOW_NUM
        printf ("%x ", val & 0xff);
--- 1731,1737 ----
      {
      case 1:
        if (val < -64 || val > 63)
!       as_warn (_("value of %ld out of byte displacement range."), val);
        val &= 0x7f;
  #ifdef SHOW_NUM
        printf ("%x ", val & 0xff);
***************
*** 1720,1726 ****
        break;
      case 2:
        if (val < -8192 || val > 8191)
!       as_warn (_("Word displacement out of range.  line number not valid"));
        val &= 0x3fff;
        val |= 0x8000;
  #ifdef SHOW_NUM
--- 1740,1746 ----
        break;
      case 2:
        if (val < -8192 || val > 8191)
!       as_warn (_("value of %ld out of word displacement range."), val);
        val &= 0x3fff;
        val |= 0x8000;
  #ifdef SHOW_NUM

I strongly believe these should as_fatal errors since they result in
an incorrect object being generated.  When I was updating the VAX gas
for ELF, I changed a lot of uses of as_warn to as_fatal.  This was due
to the fact that a build would seemingly succeed but create non-functional
programs.  If there is a problem in assembling a program, I want gas
to fail so I correct it.