Re: arm-qnx-nto patch

Hi Graeme,

> So far, no-one seems to object to the patch overall.  I am
> looking for clarification on what to do for the .in's.  If
> I run 'make dep-am', I have to first configure at the root
> of the src, and then I get a huge diff.
>
> Is this something I should leave to the maintainers?

Yes - just post the changes to the .am files.  Add a comment in the
ChangeLog entry along the liens of:

        * Makefile.am: -whatever has changed-
        * Makefile.in: Regenerated.

And leave out the diff of the .in file(s).  A similar rule applies to
auto-generated files like bfd-in2.h.

As to the patch itself, there are a couple of problems:

  * No ChangeLog entries.

  * The patch does not cope with an all targets build (ie one
    configured with --enable-targets=all).  This is because both
    elfarm-nabi.o and elfarm-qnxnabi.o define functions like
    bfd_elf32_arm_allocate_interworking_sections.  The solution is to
    only define these functions in elfarm-nabi.o and to include this
    file when building support for the bfd_elf32_{big|little}armqnx_vec.

  * No NEWS file entry for the new port.

I have taken care of these problems and checked your patch in.

Cheers
        Nick

bfd/ChangeLog
2002-07-30  Graeme Peterson  <gp@qnx.com>

	* elfarmqnx-nabi.c: New file: Support for QNX.
	* config.bfd: Add support for arm-*-nto target.
	* configure.in: Add support for bfd_elf32_{big|little}armqnx_vec.
	* configure: Regenerate.
	* Makefile.am: Add entries for elfarmqnx-nabi.c.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.
	* elf32-arm.h (ELF_MAXPAGESIZE): Do not define if already defined.
	Do not define global function if ELFARM_NABI_C_INCLUDED is defined.
	* elfarm-nabi.c: Do not include elf32-arm.h if
	ELFARM_NABI_C_INCLUDED is defined.
	* targets.c: Add bfd_elf32_{big|little}armqnx_vec.

gas/ChangeLog
2002-07-30  Graeme Peterson  <gp@qnx.com>

	* configure.in: Add support for arm-*-nto target.
	* configure: Regenerate.

ld/ChangeLog
2002-07-30  Graeme Peterson  <gp@qnx.com>

	* configure.tgt: Add support for arm-*-nto target.
	* Makefile.am: Add earmnto.o file.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.
	* NEWS: Mention port of ARM support to QNX.
	* emulparams/armnto.sh: New file.