Re: sh-nto --small-stubs

I've been thinking about this a little more.  It occured
to me that these small stubs could be made to work for a
"full-blown" dynamic linker, provided it was told that lazy
binding was not possible on the shared object.  To
allow this, it would be necessary to put DT_BIND_NOW in the
.dynamic section.

Then I noticed that there's already some mechanism
for this ... the DF_BIND_NOW flag in link_info.flags.
Would it be possible to control the selection of small
stubs based on this flag, instead of a separate option?

(And is it really the case that the short plt entries would
work for other dynamic linkers provided they did all the
binding at load time, or have I missed something?)

Steve.
--
Stephen Clarke, Principal Engineer, SuperH Inc.
Phone:1-408-273-3146, Fax:1-408-273-3199, mailto:Stephen.Clarke@superh.com