Re: cvs diff howto?

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 10:58:02AM +0200, Svein E. Seldal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I add a new file into my local sandbox, say include/foobar.h, how
> can I generate a diff with this file included using cvs diff? Because
> when I try to use the cvs diff command, it only includes files that are
> present in the main repository and wont include any other.

Generally, if you use 'cvs add' and then cvs diff (or maybe cvs diff
-N? I don't remember), this works.  However, you might need to have
commit access to do it that way; CVS is awkward about that.  I have a
little script that just looks for the "? Filename" lines and replaces
them with the appropriate diff.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz