Re: cris-elf broken by tic4x

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 04:02:05PM +0200, Svein E. Seldal wrote:
> Alan Modra wrote:
> > Why was this new contribution accepted in such a sorry state?
> > Some of these might be due to my own local changes, but not all!
> > Why no target specific testsuite?
>
> If it is required to have one, I will write one. But I dont know how to
> write one so I'd need a couple of pointers...

Well, it's not a formal requirement, but it's certainly a good idea.
It helps to stop other people (*) breaking your port.  Take a look
at some of the existing target testsuites.  I recommend adding gas
tests that at a minimum exercise all instructions, addressing modes,
and relocations, but not necessarily all combinations!

Please also fix the generic testsuite failures, or submit patches to
xfail your target along with an explanation of why the target fails.

(*) especially maintainers making wholesale changes.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre