Re: MIPS gas is broken now.

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> > > AFAICS the embedded PIC tests shouldn't be checked for mips*-linux
> > > targets. Maybe they should apply only for mips*-elf targets, but
> > > I'm not sure about this. Chris, what's your opinion about this idea?
> >
> >  They are handy for checking if a generic MIPS change doesn't break
> > embedded targets.
>
> It wasn't a generic change but a change to mips*-linux targets.
> It doesn't affect toolchains for embedded targets.

 Sure, but how does that relate to your question and my answer?  Well, the
question wasn't targeted to me, but I'm much enough interested in
mips*-linux targets to add my note.  It would be annoying to me if I had
to build a separate configuration just to be able to execute embedded PIC
tests (or any other tests for non-disabled code, actually).