Re: Prelinking relative relocations in shared objects

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 10:20:56AM +0100, Jan Vroonhof wrote:
> > Have you tried making the symbols which should not be exported
> > from the shared library .hidden in assembly or hide them through (possibly
> > anonymous) version script?
>
> I have now :-), thanks. I put in an overly aggressive script that made
> everything local to test.  This has no effect on the 2.9.5 ld but with
> 2.12.90 all the PC24 relocations have now become R_ARM_NONE, with the size
> of the relocations table reduced by about 50%. As I am greedy, any chance
> I could get the R_ARM_NONE removed as well.

Convince some ARM binutils hacker to port the changes which went into i386
backend to ARM (or do it yourself)... i386 backend now does refcounting of
dynamic relocs, so that it doesn't output any NONE relocs at all.
Alpha/IA-64 and other backends are still waiting for such changes too...

	Jakub