patch for binutils bfd/ecofflink.c

What follows is a patch for binutils bfd/ecofflink.c.
-Nathan Tallent

------------
Fix the reading of the debugging information of Tru64/Alpha
binaries produced by recent Compaq compilers.  Reading of the debugging
information for recent compilers was 1) just plain wrong at one place and
2) confused because of very strange information generated by Compaq's
compiler.  I have fixed the first added a simple hack for the second.  I
have included extensive documentation as to why this is the best solution
short of an extensive rewrite or another hack.

Testing and testcases:
----------------------
I have run the binutils regression tests with and without my changes and
the results are the same.

Our tests: We are using bintuils as the binary reader for a program
that performs source code structure recovery on binaries from a number of
different platforms.  (We esp. focus on loop recovery for scientific
programs.) This program is also a cross-tool and we have successfully
tested these changes (and a number of others to follow eventually) on a
number of different binaries (from GNU and non-GNU compilers) and
platforms.

hosts (all of which are enabled on each platform)
  mips64-sgi-irix6
  alpha-*-linux-gnu, alpha-*-osf
  sparc32-*-elf, sparc64-*-solaris2
  i386-*-linux-gnu
  ia64-*-linux-gnu

ChangeLog:
(attached)

Patch: bfd/ecofflink.c
(created with 'cvs diff -c3p' against cvs repository on 9/16/02)
------
(attached)