Re: PATCH: Skip the test if the cross binary fails to run.

> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:30:04 -0700
> From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 03:22:55PM -0700, Geoff Keating wrote:
> >
> > "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
> >
> > > If you have a cross compiler in PATH, but no target board, "make check"
> > > will fail in binutils when it tries to run the cross binary on the build
> > > machine. This patch skips the test.
> >
> > Please don't do that, the test is important.  At least mark the test
> > as ERROR rather than skipping it altogether.
> >

> I must have missed something. Can you tell me how you are going to run
> those tests if there is no hardware nor simulator to run on?

To run the test, you need hardware or simulator.  If you don't have
hardware or simulator, the test can't be run.  If the test is not run,
then objcopy hasn't been fully tested, and it's important to know
that.

Why do you think that ERROR is wrong?  Doesn't it accurately describe
what happened to this test?

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>