Re: fnmatch and Tru64

Are you using GNU ar/nm to build binutils?  Or are you using the native ar/nm?

If you are using GNU ar/nm, then there could be some problem with them.  Maybe
they are buggy or miscompiled.  Maybe they were compiled for a different OS
version.  Maybe the native tools have changed the object file format slightly.
Try using the native ar/nm to see if you get the same problem.  If not, then
there is something wrong with your installed copy of GNU ar/nm.

If your newly built copy of binutils fails the same way, then we likely need
some binutils porting work for Tru64 5.1.  There is perhaps something in the
debug info that binutils doesn't understand.  Or maybe the Tru64 native
compiler is broken somehow and we have to work around it.

Jim