Re: Diab C-Compiler-Suite and GNU objcopy problem

Frank Oltmanns <frank.oltmanns.ml@gmx.de> writes:

> Perhaps someone can tell me, why the entries in the strtab are modified by
> objcopy. Is this a bug?

objcopy will enter all and only the names of symbols in the strtab.
If the original strtab contained strings which were not the names of
any entries in the symtab, those strings will not appear in the new
strtab.  However, I can not speculate on why the strtab would ever
contain strings which are not referenced by the symtab.

Basically, see if objdump -t or readelf -s are the same before and
after the objcopy.  If they are, you're probably OK.

Ian