Re: QNX binutils targets

> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, H. J. Lu wrote:

> > > Yes I do.  (Is this one of those flame wars? :-)
> > >
> > > Please avoid sounding condescending, at least on the subject of
> > > a debated issue.
> > >
> > > I'm considering compatibility with existing tools and objects
> > > too, which I think you're not with the ELFOSABI change.  Having
> >
> > Backward compatibility is possible with the ELFOSABI change.
>
> Right; I can't see any exclusion on the EI_OSABI field.  So
> indeed it seems either solution would work for
> backward-compatibility, technically, as far as binutils is
> concerned.  Other tools and loaders may hork, but we don't need
> to consider them! ;-)

Aye, there's the rub.  _I_ need to consider them, as we have various
and sundry such tools in house.  But then that is my problem, not
yours.  :-)

I want to leave that support in place, so unless someone says not to,
I think I will start investigating the special section approach.

Cheers, and thanks as always.
GP