Re: Bug in big-endian ARM gas configurations

> I was going to just commit this, but I noticed another oddity, so I'd like a
> second opinion.  We've got this:
>
>        armeb)           cpu_type=arm endian=big ;;
>        arm*)            cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
>        armb*)           cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
>        armv*l)          cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
>        armv*b)          cpu_type=arm endian=big ;;
>        xscale*)         cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
>
> The first problem: arm* before armv*b.  So my armv5teb toolchain was
> defaulting to little endian.  Oops!
>
> Before I fix that, though, what's armb*?  And should it really be _little_
> endian?

Ug! Where exactly is this list in the sources?

Apart from anything else it's missing strongarm (since we seem to have
XScale).

I think the armb* entry should go unless someone can specifically point to
a use that indicates that the current definition is correct.

R.