Re: Bug in big-endian ARM gas configurations

> > Apart from anything else it's missing strongarm (since we seem to have
> > XScale).
>
> Copy-pasto:
>       strongarm*)       cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
>       thumb*)           cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
> right below that.

Thumb as a configuration option is dead (it was originally there to
support the separate gcc compiler, but the two have long-since been
merged, so I see no need to keep it).

> > I think the armb* entry should go unless someone can specifically point to
> > a use that indicates that the current definition is correct.
>
> Config.sum recognizes armbe-*.  So does this hunk in
> gas/configure{,.in}.  That's it, though; everything else ignores it or
> has an arm*-*-linux-gnu* definition to match it.  And I've never
> encountered an armb* toolchain; so let's whack it.
>
> How's this:
>       armeb)            cpu_type=arm endian=big ;;
>       armv*l)           cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
>       armv*b)           cpu_type=arm endian=big ;;
>       arm*)             cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
>       xscale*)          cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
>       strongarm*)       cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
>       thumb*)           cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;

How about

	arm*b|xscale*b|strongarm*b)	cpu_type=arm endian=big ;;
	arm*|xscale*|strongarm*)	cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;

After all, both xscale and strongarm can be used in a big-endian manner.

R.