Re: Maintainermode/make dep-am trouble

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Svein E. Seldal wrote:
> 23 sveinse@stardust ~/tic4x/src.tic4x.mt/gas$ make dep-am
> cd . && aclocal
> cd . && automake --cygnus Makefile
> cd . && autoconf
> configure.in:12: AC_TRY_COMPILE was called before AC_ISC_POSIX
> configure.in:12: AC_TRY_RUN was called before AC_ISC_POSIX
> autoconf: Undefined macros:
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_MSG
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_CC
>
> 24 sveinse@stardust ~/tic4x/src.tic4x.mt/gas$ autoconf --version
> Autoconf version 2.13

I see that too, using the maintainer-mode approved tools and I
still don't know why it happens.  Perhaps a version mismatch in
some generated *.m4 somewhere.

I've also tried some autoconf (or was it automake? both?)
version pointed to by H.J.  Nothing has helped, I've given up on
it since I have a workaround.  I ususally do "rm aclocal.m4; cvs
up aclocal.m4" when stuff like that happens, or preventively,
"find src -name aclocal.m4 -exec touch {} ';'" after a cvs
update, before configure and make, to avoid having aclocal run
over me like that.

Now and then I (like now) add CC: Alexandre Oliva on these
reports, hoping one day he'll have time to look at this, being
an autoconfigury wizard.

brgds, H-P