nm chooses a.out instead of a.exe on cygwin platform

Greetings to you binutils hackers !

Problem:

On the cygwin platform , nm chooses a.out by default
even though the default executable built by GNU CC
is a.exe.

The diffs attached fix the problem. I am aware that

1) other utilities have the same problem and need
to be fixed as well.
2) this might not be the best way to fix this problem
and i know #ifdef __CYGWIN__ is ugly, what's the best
way you guys will like

	a) put PLAT_CYGWIN in config.h
	b) check if the "cygwin" word exists in
      TARGET as defined in config.h

so please fire away any suggestions/improvements and
i'll change the diffs accordingly.

Please include me in the replies since i'm not subscribed
to this alias (as yet, am trying) ...

If you fail to respond i'll take the first approach as
enumerated in 2a above ... (i.e. put PLAT_CYGWIN) in config.h
and resubmit the diffs....

have a nice day (or whatever time of the day it is in your
part of the world ...)

Manik Raina