Re: Bug in gas generating sh PIC, or is it me?

Graeme Peterson wrote:
I think I may have found a bug in the sh PIC stuff in gas. Or I may have a bug in the QNX sh-nto support. Not sure which, and so this e-mail. ;-)

Basically it looks like an "off by 2" bug to me. If I have a source
file which I compile PIC into a shared object, any function calls from
that shared object into other PIC code blows up. I can call from main()
into the shared object fine if the .so does not call any other PIC code, like printf(), or other functions in the same .so.

I think the following assembly gets converted to values that are 2 bigger
than they used to be with binutils-2.10.1 ...
For what it's worth, a coworker found that on sh4,
binutils as shipped by Hard Hat 2.0, and also
vanilla binutils 2.13, caused problems with shared libraries.
binutils 2.13.1 works fine.

That's neither here nor there, I suppose, but I just wanted
to point out all was not perfect with the older binutils on sh4.
- Dan