Re: Setting target when building binutils?

It might be a coff1 versus coff2 format issue. I believe binutils
generates coff1 while (at least the newer) CCS uses coff2. If on a
hexdump, the first character is 0xc1 then it's coff1, if it's 0xc2 it's
coff2. You might try changing "coff1-c54x" to "coff2-c54x" inside of
gas/config/obj-coff.h and bfd/coff-tic54x.c and anywhere else. It's kind
of a guess, so don't blame if I'm wrong. If this fixes it, then binutils
should probably be changed so that objdump works on both cases.

I wrote a graphical simulator for the c54x for linux (gdspsim) and I had
to use a section header that was 8 characters smaller for binutils
compared to CCS. I keyed off the "0xc1" versus "0xc2" thing mentioned
above. Another option would be to a 8 characters to the section header
structure. But it might be the right size for coff1 and the coff2
structure might be done the same as CCS which is why I suggested trying
above first.

Regards,
Kerry

--