RE: [Patch] skipping import libraries for performance reasons - direct auto-import of dll's

> > In case if you are meaning a test case for this whole patch,
>
> Yes.
>
> > you can try linking
> > an application not to the import lib, instead link directly to the needed
> > dll or build a dll and link directly to it.
> >
> > A test case could be found in
> > http://www.cygwin.com/ml//binutils/2002-11/msg00617.html
>
> Please add a test-case to the *binutils* test-suite (actually,
> to the ld test-suite).  Referring to some case described
> elsewhere or some other package does not count (you can't "make
> check" on that. ;-)

Unfortunally, I'm not very familiar with this testsuite things.
Do you have any hints or can point me to an explanation how to do for the
following cases:

1. building a sample dll
2. compile and link a test app with this dll.
3. create a symbolic link
3. Look if there are any link errors