h8300-hms-ld segfaults (with a small testcase)

Hi,

The problem of h8300-hms-ld doing a segfault is caused by the attached
files.  The original linker script is provided by Paul Clark and later
reduced by me.  Removing "OUTPUT_FORMAT(srec)" prevents the segfault.

The problem started occuring with the following patch:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils-cvs/2002-04/msg00030.html

>From the discussion last month, it seems to me that people know the
root of the problem, but I thought it may be a good idea to share a
small testcase in case somebody decides to work on it.  (I would have
to learn a lot about bfd before being able to debug this kind of
problem.)

Kazu Hirata

        .section .text
        .global _start
_start:
        bra     _start
        .end
OUTPUT_FORMAT(srec)

MEMORY
{
    rom      : ORIGIN = 0, LENGTH = 1024
}

SECTIONS
{
    .everything :
    {
        *(.text)
        *(.data)
        *(.bss)
        *(.vectors)
    } > rom
}
#!/bin/sh
h8300-hms-as -o test.o test.s
h8300-hms-ld -o test test.o -T signal11.xcl