RE: PATCH: allow PE executables to have an export table

> Current version of ld has a limitation: PE executables generated by ld never
> have an export table, although PE shared libraries (DLLs) have one. In fact,
> an export table in an executable file is perfectly legitimate
> (http://spiff.tripnet.se/~iczelion/files/pe1.zip says: "Executables may of
> course also have exported symbols but usually they don't"), and Microsoft's
> tools cl.exe and link.exe are able to create .EXE files with an export
> table.

Hi Fabrizio,

allow me one question: for which cases should this be good ?
The advantage is that an application(1) could be linked to another
application(2) or dll(3), but makes this sense ?
I assume the windows runtime linker could not load the application (1), because
it does not contain the structure and the startup code, dll's usually have.

Regards
Ralf