Re: PATCH: allow PE executables to have an export table

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 10:13:56AM +0000, Danny Smith wrote:
>>Thanks for this information.
>>
>>Let me ask another question: Has anyone really tried to run an
>>application linked to an application under windows ?
>
>Yes, it is possible to build apps that export variables using dlltool,
>and the how-to question and answer has come up several times on mingw
>users lists.  I'd have to look for the answer, but I tried it once and
>it works.

I certainly did this in my previous job using non-gnu tools.  I had a
dll/exe combination that relied on variables in the executable being
accessible to the dll.

I'm not sure why the question is important however.  Even if everyone on
this mailing list says "No, never done it", it doesn't matter.  The
functionality should be there because it is supposed to be there.
There's no reason to limit ld because no one can think of a reason to
use the feature.

cgf