Re: Planning for the Autoconf 2.5x transition?

On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 12:47:04AM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> This is possible, but it takes some additional effort because of
> caching issues.  The one that comes to mind is that some early 2.5x
> versions of autoconf
[...]
> I'm not sure this was actually `fixed' in newer versions of
> autoconf 2.5x.

If we're going to jump to something more recent than 2.13, we may as well
require a /fixed/ recent version.

Put another way, I'm assuming and suggesting that when we talk about "2.5x
and later" we're doing so only because we haven't decided what x will be.
/Not/ because we're going to try and support all versions of x>=0.

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002