Re: configure problems: possibly undefined macro: AS_FOR_TARGET

Am Die, 2003-01-07 um 18.28 schrieb Charles Wilson:
> > m Mon, 2003-01-06 um 22.17 schrieb Christian Jönsson:
>

> >> well, regardless, it is suggested recently on the cygwin list that
> >> binutils or more correct I guess, the top-level configure.in to have
> >> this patch in it

> > => This patch is useless.
>
> You mean, in your opinion this patch is not worthy of application.
No, I say, this patch does _not_ solve the problem of wanting
autoconf-2.13 or autoconf-2.5x in general.

>  It is certainly NOT useless, since it SOLVES THE PROBLEM.
No, not in general.

It only helps out the heuristics your autoconf-wrapper is based upon and
therefore only helps Cygwin and those others vendor which use hacked
autoconfs or wrappers similar to yours.

> Or...binutils could allow this harmless overloaded interpretation of
> AC_PREREQ()...
Of cause binutils can. The patch actually fixes a bug (using autoconf <
2.13), but it does not fix the bug the patch had initially been
addressed to.

Ralf