Re: New targets to Binutils for H8 series

Hi Andrew,

> > This way, we don't have to have separate libgcc.a and lib[mc].a, etc, for
> > H8S/2600 because the difference of instruction sets between H8S and
> > H8S/200 is only mac-related instructions.
>
> At present you are right, but:
> 1) what about using MAC in lib[mc], in future releases of newlib?
> 2) what about interrupt frames in library routines?

Actually I have to admit that the interrupt frame does not save mac
yet.  I think one reasonable implementation is to save the mac
register in a function that uses it because not every function uses
it.  In other words, we probably do not want to make it a
call-clobbered register.

By the way, Hitachi just released H8SX, an update to H8S series, so we
want to have something like .h8sx.

Kazu Hirata