about how to handle the AROS' specific needs about relocations, I started
investigating about elf_backend_emit_relocs. As a starting point I
basically copied'n'pasted the standard implementation of that backend
function, which is the elf_link_output_relocs function present in
bfd/elflink.h: ideally it should work seamlessy, since my function does
exactly what the standard function used by the elf backend does, however
this is not the case, and I get a segfault.

Gdb shows this:

#0  elf_link_input_bfd (finfo=0xbffff360, input_bfd=0x80d1bd0)
    at ../../binutils/bfd/elflink.h:6899
6899                      *rel_hash = NULL;

the 'print' command in gdb says that doesn't know anything about rel_hash
(don't ask me why), so I put a printf() right before that line and it
showed that rel_hash is a NULL pointer.

Could someone of you please have a look at it? So far no target seems to
make use of this elf_backend_emit_relocs facility, so perhaps while other
things changed during time something got broken and the bug (if it really
is a bug) never showed up.

Regards,
Fabio Alemagna