Adding QNX core-file support to bfd

(Posted to both binutils and gdb since there is overlap on who supports core
files)

Our core files require special support and I was hoping that someone might
be able to tell me a better way to do it than we currently do.

Right now, we have a special elfcore_grok_qnx_note() function that is called
in elf.c in much the same way as elfcore_grok_netbsd_note() is called (check
the namedata for a string and call the function if it matches).

The problem with this is that all of that code and the support functions for
reading our registers, status, etc. is wrapped in #ifdef __QNXTARGET__ which
is defined at configure time.  I believe that this is the sort of clutter
that you want to avoid but unfortunately, we rely on some of our definitions
and structures to extract the corefile information.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for a more elegant way to add this support?

cheers,

Kris