objdump, 64-bit objects and Solaris kernel modules

I am attempting to debug some problems in a 64-bit kernel module on Solaris 9 using objdump -dlS to give me a disassembled, source annotated listing of the code in question.

The disassembly looks reasonable, but objdump doesn't seem to be able to find my source files (to get the source lines), nor does it provide C line numbers.

I am using Sun's cc: Forte Developer 7 C 5.4 2002/03/09 and binutils 2.11.2 (from sunfreeware.com).

I saw a message in late January that sounded similar to this problem, and a comment that objdump may not work on 64-bit objects, but nothing conclusive.

I'm willing to help debug this problem, but I'll need some pointers on where to start.

--
Steve Madsen <madsen@tadpole.com>
Tadpole Computer, Inc. http://www.tadpole.com