How to emit .gptab section?

Hi,

I would like to use the information from .gptab section to able to set the -G <num> appropriately.
However I am not able to emit the .gptab section in my image. I compiled my soures with -g2
and -G4 with gcc version 2.95.3 and have not been able to see the .gptab section in the output
image.

Is there any special option that needs to be turned on or anything to be done in the ld script?

Thanks for your time.

-Bharathi