Re: use MIPS NewABI register names when disassembling NewABIcode

At Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:43:18 +0000 (UTC), "Alexandre Oliva" wrote:
> 	* mips-dis.c (_print_insn_mips): Override reg_names from
> 	disassembler_options.

Uh...  Well...  "I'm not the maintainer, but i'd say no."  8-)

Note the line:

  parse_mips_dis_options (info->disassembler_options);

about 18 lines above your new lines.  It already supports what you
want, but with a different syntax.

> +      tm_print_insn_info.disassembler_options = "NewABI";

"gpr_names=ABI" instead, for values of ABI: 32, n32, 64.

note that, as you probably expect 32 -> oldabi and n32,64 -> newabi.
(default -> oldabi)

IMO it's best to use the correct names for ABIs (i.e., for the
above-named ones or others) so that somebody can add a new ABI easily
to "the obvious place" in GDB, and to the obvious place in the
disassembler, and the right thing should happen automatically.

(It's a real bummer that there's no existing way to return an error
for invalid disassembler options, or i would have coded in some error
reporting.  8-)

(Also note that there's also support for doing the ABI-specific FP
register names, but that's a different option because everybody refers
to them numerically anyway.)

The rest of the gdb disassembler_options setup looks compatible with
the code in the disassembler, but it was a very quick look.  8-)

chris