Re: Patch to replace occurrence of Hitachi to Renesas in Binutils

[to RohitS at kpit dot com]
> Thank you for submitting this patch.  It was not quite extensive
> enough - it did not catch all occurrences of Hitachi in the
> documentation and sources, but I have fixed these problems.

Could you point out where these were?  Note that not all of Hitachi
has been merged into Renesas, but only their semiconductor business.
I.e. Circuit boards are still made by Hitachi.

There is also the issue that a number of the Hitachi references had
been outdated.  While the SH family was originally produced only by
Hitachi, rights to produce SH4 CPUs were obtained by ST, and in 2001
a joint venture between Hitachi and ST Microelectronics was transformed
into an independent company, SuperH Inc.
SuperH continues to develop the SH4 and SH5 architectures, and
licenses soft and hard CPU cores to a number of microprocessor
manufacturers and foundries.

For more information about SuperH, you can look at
http://www.superh.com/company/company.htm .

So when you are talking about the SH family as the architectures from
SH1 to SH4 or up to SH5, these are now partly being developed by
Renesas, and partly by SuperH.  The SH5 is being developed by SuperH.

--
SuperH (UK) Ltd.