Re: Question about MIPS elf-rel7

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 05:20:17PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> but I don't understand why gas treats bar and frob
> differently.

I suppose I should answer this one too..  ELF shared libraries require
the capability to override any global symbol defined in the shared lib
with a definition in the app or another library.  For example, so that
an app can provide its own malloc implementation.  This means in
general that relocs against global syms must not be changed to be
against some other symbol.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre