Re: check mips abi x linker emulation compatibility

Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> writes:
> It's not like the `-32' wasn't there in my earlier patch, it was just
> less explicit.

Then I wasn't paying enough attention, sorry!

> This sounds reasonable, but another alternative that just occurred to
> me is to introduce support for -mabi=NO_ABI, that would reset the ABI
> to the generic default, such that other forms of ABI inference would
> work.  I can't say I like this approach (maybe with a better spelling
> for NO_ABI?), but it would enable us to test the ABI-inference even on
> targets that do have a default ABI.  Comments?

I've no strong objection to adding another flag, but I think we should
still keep the existing tests to make sure that configurations like
mips-elf and mips64-elf are ABI-neutral by default.  That's always
been their traditional behaviour.

Richard