Re: The Linux binutils 2.14.90.0.1 is released

Ben Elliston wrote:
> Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.msbb.uc.edu> writes:
>
> >    I think the rational of the HJ releases is provide a way to
> > rapidly release as many critical fixes as possible for use with
> > linux.
>
> Hmmm .. this sounds like something with a much greater sense of
> urgency than I would expect for binutils.  I can understand that it
> makes sense when a new Linux kernel port and binutils are coming up at
> the same time,

New Features or just different usage are also a point to consider,
for the kernel as well as for userland.

> but for established platforms, I can't see the need.

The Linux development tree is probably never a "established platform".
And IMO it's very valuable for binutils to get a wider test audience
sooner than the release cycle suggests.

Thiemo